Through the implementation of environments for scenario-based learning with patient simulators, ESPA- Montréal is a regional hub of expertise and innovation in health.
This hub is the result of a collaboration between the education and health sectors aiming to match training to employment in the latter, particularly through the implementation of innovative teaching methods and the use of state-of-the-art simulation equipment.
ESPA-Montréal provides the integration of high-fidelity patient simulation (HPS), both in initial training and continuing education.
For more informations :
Our pamphlet in PDF version
- Cégep André-Laurendeau
- Cégep de St-Laurent
- Cégep du Vieux Montréal
- Cégep Gérald-Godin
- Cégep John Abbott College
- Cégep Vanier College
- Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne
- Collège de Maisonneuve
- Collège de Rosemont
- Dawson college
- Commission scolaire de Montréal
- Commission scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys
- CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
- CIUSSS du Nord-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
The use of high-fidelity patient simulation (HPS) enhances the acquisition of skills, both in initial training and continuing professional development, in response to evolving needs (both quantitative and qualitative) in health care settings.
We provide several days in high fidelity patient simulation for internship groups. We can perform several diverse and complex clinical situations per day.
Our continuing professional development program is offered in various disciplines with the possibility of conducting different situations adapted to the specific training needs of any organization. Our trainings are credited by SOFEDUC. We propose 4 different trainings in simulation.
Areas of focus
Areas of focus include medicine, surgery, perinatality, pediatrics, mental health, geriatrics, palliative care and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Interdisciplinary simulations are also possible.
A permanent team receives students and other participants. Pedagogical and technical support is provided to teachers and other group supervisors during the various stages of the high-fidelity patient simulation (HPS), including briefing, simulation and debriefing.
In order to respond to our simulation needs, ESPA-Montreal is looking
- Standardized patients to act different clinic roles in specific scenario (mental health and senior with cognitive disorder). Interested by this experience ? We are inviting you to complete this form : Information form – Standardized patient.
- Simulation support for piloting simulators and preparation of simulations according to the different scenarios. Job description
1360 Jean-Talon St.
Montreal (Quebec) H2E 1S1
Phone number : 514-496-6767 #5866
To reach our team: